Wish [ANSWERED] Debugger hover dialog shows values, suggest it be sizeable

Lee Gillie CCP

Licensed User
Longtime User
I really like in debugging the fact you can hover a variable and see its value in a pop-up dialog. Unfortunately when the value is a long or multi-line string you can not see it all. Visual Studio's answer was to offer a right click on the dialog value shown with the option to choose a "text visualizer", which much better deals with longer textual data. I think even if the B4A IDE offered the one value display dialog to be sizable rather than fixed, it would help tremendously.

My suggestion is that the debugger's hover dialog be sizable rather than fixed.

RauchG

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would hope that the dialog is always visible when you mouse mood remains. The dialog is currently much too short with long text visible. Also, this dialog, if it is too long cut off. It ends with ...

Greeting RauchG

Translated with Babylon

Lee Gillie CCP

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmmm.... for me hooving the variable will display in a dialog/tooltip showing variable name and value, but I can not see the entire text if it is say a multi-line JSON request or response. I can not resize the dialog to display more of it. Am I missing a mouse articulation?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you hover over the value column it will show a tooltip with the full text:
SS-2015-07-16_17.48.31.png

Lee Gillie CCP

Licensed User
Longtime User
And so it does! Thank you so much for helping me see this. I withdraw my suggestion, this works very well.