D

Deleted member 103

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's interesting. Did you figure out in what way it did interfere with your app, causing the white screen?

And on a sidenote: Do antivirus apps have special privileges from Google that gives them power to interfere?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, that didn't really answer any of my questions. But it's interesting to see their permissions. They do have some fairly brutal ones that I imagine would be helpful if you're making an antivirus.

But they both also had some that makes me feel like they themselves are bad actors. Just to pick a few that doesn't seem to relate at all to doing antivirus things:
  • read your Web bookmarks and history
  • take pictures and videos
  • record audio
  • add or remove accounts
  • add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledge
  • read your contacts
  • modify your contacts
  • directly call phone numbers

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's interesting. And knowing that, I suppose we should all code extra defensively so we can handle situations like this. Just because a previous check verified that we do have access to Internet, obviously doesn't mean we actually can access resources out there.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It does not seem to me that I have read what in your app can detect it as if it were a virus.

Furthermore, Google is very meticulous with regard to really irrelevant things but, evidently, it doesn't run tests with antiviruses!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User