Other Any plan of open source of B4X IDE in future ?

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually I am very happy with features available in latest B4A/B4J ide, but there are many expert members here who wish to have some more advanced features. They are knowledgeable and can add those required features themselves, if the source codes are made available.

Look, we have already open source the core. It is not just for 'take a look', but I believe many have already started adding parameters, logic to there liking and requirements. They may not contribute but can use it for their developments.

So when IDE source is opened, they may not contribute but can make their wish come true.

I develop in MiniGUI and the IDE is open source. Though I do not have the knowledge to modify it but I know I can change some features if required.

Regards,

Anand

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as i know there are no such plans.
The development of the IDE stays "inHouse" at AnywhereSoftware.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as i know there are no such plans.
The development of the IDE stays "inHouse" at AnywhereSoftware.
Do you 'as far as know' is there any harm in opening the ide source ?
Members are not contributing right ? and they can make changes in code source which is open, right ?

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Members are not contributing right ?
Not to the IDE!

@Erel answered such a question in the past with the Info that AnywhereSoftware stays the Author and Developer of the IDE.
and they can make changes in code source which is open, right ?
You can make changes to the internal framework. Give the library another name and publish it.

You are not able to contribute to the IDE

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
unless they are deeply familiar with the code.
Well, I am not insisting, but one can be familiar after looking at it.

B4X and ide is your copyright and you are sole owner. Many ide wishes are there, so I wanted to know.

Regards

Anand

Upvote 0