iOS Question App cannot install

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got a strange issue today, I keep work on my app, modify the code / build and it work fine before (even submitted to itunesconnect and now waiting for review.

But don't know why it suddenly have this issue:

when I build the app and install it on my ipad, I can see the popup to press the button to install, but the app never deliver to the device except I change the package name..

Anyone know what happen? I have little concern to change the package name because the app already waiting for review.

I tried to hard restart my ipad but no luck! any idea please?

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, I think the app already uninstalled as I can't see it in any page, even using search, it not exist in my iPad. I tried both development or distribution key but same result.

When I change the package name, it can work again. or I install it on my iphone, work too..

seems the problem only on my ipad device but I'm really don't know what happened!

what I'm doing before this issue is add iAD in my apps, modify some code , some testing and submitted to itunesconnect. (switch few times for development/dustribution key ) After this I keep doing some enhancement and suddenly got this issue :(

Upvote 0

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I reset and erase all my content on iPad, now I can install my app using the old package name!

The other crazy thing happened to me today.... 1 of my app have 2702+ download in 1 day show in my itunesconnect and I'm sure it's not true because the $$ in my adsense account don't have any increase! the platform of those download is "Desktop".... Desktop!?

Just now! my keyboard seems sometime not work!! What happened!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_O

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same issue again today while I'm update my app into a new version, and now I'm waiting to restore my ipad....

seems the issue is related to switching between development and distribution key as I did the very simular steps last time.

what I'm doing this time:

1. Change my code and version number
2. install my app and test (development key)
3. now I need the ipa so I change to distribution key and install again (now the app not work on my ipad as not using development key)
4. download the ipa file
5. delete the not work app on ipad
6. change to development key and install it again on my ipad
7. problem ! the app won't deliver to my ipad

I'm wondering whether the problrm is caused by step5... Anyone know anything I did wrong?

Upvote 0

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
After step #3, the store app installed on my ipad successfully (I know it can't run). But after step 4-6, the development app can't be install... (nothing happen after I press the "install" button)

The reason I need step 3 because I need the ipa file for apps store (using distribution key), so I need to build it and during "build release app", the store ready app will install to my device....

Or it's not the correct way to get the store ready ipa file? Thanks!

(Now I can install after erase all my content on ipad...)

Upvote 0

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh.... You also installed the store app on you iPad and afterwards got this issue?
Now I won't install the store app on any of my device...

Upvote 0