Android Question App crashing

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

i need help. After getting warning mails from google that i have to update all my apps to target sdk28 i wanted to update my app and installed all updates in the SDK manager and only changed the target sdk

i have not changed anything just updated all recommened peckages from the sdk manager and change the target sdk to 28. no app is crashing immidiatly and i am not getting any warning. so i tried the unfiltered log and the logs just runs as crazy so i cannot figure out whats the problem.

this is the last lines from the logs:

[2] sdg.a(59): SCH: ConstraintMapping: 24-77777777, -> L: 0ms, D: 79631984ms, C: false, I: true, N: 0
onSignalStrengthsChanged signalStrength=SignalStrength: 4 99 -4 -200 -4 -200 -1 99 2147483647 2147483647 2147483647 2147483647 0 2147483647 4 15 -105 0x0 P gsm|lte use_rsrp_and_rssnr_for_lte_level [-128, -118, -108, -98] [-115, -105, -95, -85] level=0
getMobileIconGroup(): 9
Waiting for a blocking GC ProfileSaver
Waiting for a blocking GC ProfileSaver
WaitForGcToComplete blocked ProfileSaver on HeapTrim for 131.619ms
mccmnc: 42501, networkName: Partner, subset: , gid1: , spname:
mccmnc: 42502, networkName: Cellcom, subset: , gid1: , spname:
mccmnc: 42503, networkName: PCL, subset: , gid1: , spname:
mccmnc: 42507, networkName: MIR, subset: , gid1: , spname:
mccmnc: 42510, networkName: Partner, subset: , gid1: , spname:
mccmnc: 42515, networkName: HC, subset: , gid1: , spname:
mccmnc: 42509, networkName: we4G, subset: , gid1: , spname: we
mccmnc: 42508, networkName: GOLAN, subset: , gid1: , spname:
WaitForGcToComplete blocked HeapTrim on ProfileSaver for 11.782ms
mccmnc: 20809, networkName: MIR, subset: , gid1: , spname:
mccmnc: 42514, networkName: YouPhone, subset: , gid1: , spname:
csc ims setting: Voice_Domain_Preference_EUTRAN=imspsvoicepreferred NetworkName=PCL EnableRCSchat=false EnableSMSoverIP=false EnableIMS=true SS_CSFBwithIMSerror=false USSD_Domain_Preference=cs EnableVideocall=true EnableVoiceoverWIFI=true SRVCCversion=10 EnableRCS=false Version=3.0 Emregencycall_Domain=cs SS_Domain_Preference=cs_always EnableVoLTE=true EnableVoLTEindicator=true
isServiceAvailable: mmtel, rat: 13, profileFind:true, Enabled:true
isVoLteSupported phoneId : 0 (true)
NONE.isCurrentCountry
UNKNOWN.isCurrentOperator
UNKNOWN.isCurrentOperator
[2] sdg.a(59): SCH: ConstraintMapping: 1-1337, 12-1, 34-38, -> L: 9325ms, D: 50833534ms, C: false, I: false, N: 1
isImsFeatureEnabled: mmtel, 13
[2] sdg.a(59): SCH: ConstraintMapping: 3-142, 34-37, -> L: 0ms, D: 86399630ms, C: false, I: true, N: 2
[2] sdg.a(59): SCH: ConstraintMapping: 3-141, 34-37, -> L: 0ms, D: 86399419ms, C: true, I: true, N: 2
getSimMobility: false
getSimSlotFromUri: content://com.sec.ims.settings/imsswitch#simslot0
Valid simslot:0. get it from Uri
query:
Query(29979) : Uri[content://com.sec.ims.settings/imsswitch#simslot0], pro : [mmtel]
queryImsSwitch: name mmtel
isServiceEnabled: mmtel 1
isLabSimCard: state [LOADED] isLabSim [false]
[2] sdg.a(59): SCH: ConstraintMapping: 26-1414141414, 29-29, -> L: 26264ms, D: 56264ms, C: false, I: false, N: 0
getSimOperator: value [42503]
Logger connected to: ce031713a972c8c80c
--------- beginning of crash
--------- beginning of main
--------- beginning of system
*** Service (starter) Create ***
** Service (starter) Start **
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = true **
** Activity (main) Resume **
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = false **
** Service (starter) Destroy (ignored)**

what could be the reason for that?

google mail:

Hello Google Play Developer,

This is a reminder that starting November 1, 2019, updates to apps and games on Google Play will be required to target Android 9 (API level 28) or higher. After this date, the Play Console will prevent you from submitting new APKs with a targetSdkVersion less than 28.

Configuring your app to target a recent API level ensures that users benefit from significant security and performance improvements, while still allowing your app to run on older Android versions (down to the minSdkVersion).

Action required

Please ensure that your apps are configured to target at least Android 9 (API level 28) by November 1, 2019. For technical advice on how to change your app's target API level to meet these requirements, refer to the migration guide.

Affected apps

The apps included below have one or more APKs—in production or testing tracks—that aren't currently targeting API level 28 or higher. Apps are listed with the maximum version code and corresponding targetSdkVersion. If you have more than 20 apps that could be affected in your account, please check the Play Console for a full list.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
after some research i found out that it has something to do with firebase.

if i use firebase admob for example it crashes without using firebase it works.

i am including a simple example. try to use with build configutation "full" (it will load) then set it to "free" and it will crash.
the only difference is in manifest

B4X:
'This code will be applied to the manifest file during compilation.
'You do not need to modify it in most cases.
'See this link for for more information: https://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78136
AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="5" android:targetSdkVersion="26"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
    android:normalScreens="true"
    android:smallScreens="true"
    android:anyDensity="true"/>)
SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@drawable/icon")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:label, "$LABEL$")
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, Themes.DarkTheme)
'End of default text.

#if free
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.FirebaseAnalytics)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.GooglePlayBase)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.Firebase)
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAdMob.FirebaseAds)
#End If

lib versions:

FirebaseAdmob (Version: 1.60)
FirebaseAnalytics (Version: 1.11)

B4A Version: 9.50

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hmm... feeling a little bit dumb right now :oops:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/firebaseadmob-v1-6.108552/#content

93e13-footballlosers.gif

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After getting warning mails from google that i have to update all my apps to target sdk28

This is a reminder that starting November 1, 2019, updates to apps and games on Google Play will be required to target Android 9 (API level 28) or higher.

The above does not mean that you MUST update all your apps already published but that if you update your app you must set its target to 28.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

This is a reminder that starting November 1, 2019, updates to apps and games on Google Play will be required to target Android 9 (API level 28) or higher.

The above does not mean that you MUST update all your apps already published but that if you update your app you must set its target to 28.

and what do they mean by that:

If you have more than 20 apps that could be affected in your account, please check the Play Console for a full list.

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and what do they mean by that:
The email list the affected apps. If you happen to have more than 20 published apps, then the email would only have provided you with information on 20 apps. For the remaining apps, you'll check your account on the Play Console.

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
No need to panic.... Recently I was updating the application from the play store, which had android:targetSdkVersion="19"

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am afraid that Google will disable your update soon (or even worse). Probably due to a glitch you were temporarily lucky to slip through their nets, but my experience is that SDK versions lower than 26 are not accepted by the Playstore.
[/ QUOTE]
I was misunderstood. The application has been upgraded to SDK 28

Upvote 0