iOS Question App doesn't start anymore O_o

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi, time ago I was developing an app on iOS, at the time it was working, then I had to leave to project for a while. Now I reopen the project, compiled, and the app doesn't even start!
Show a blank screen for fraction of a second and then closes.
No Log messages.. no hints..
Thank for your help

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another detail:
I tried to create a blank project (File > New), and it works..

I didn't changed anything in my project, I only opened it.

I tried to comment all the "PlisExtra" and stuff, nothing changed
I tried to comment all the "Application Start" maybe there was something in here, no. Nothing

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
You need to provide more information about your app. Maybe it is missing a new required permission.
mmm i don't know what to say..
Library Included:

• B4XCollection
  • iCore
  • iFirebaseAnalytics
  • iFirebaseNotification
  • iHttp
  • iHttpUtils2
  • iHUD
  • iJSON
  • iLocation
  • iPhone
  • iSQL
  • iStringUtils
  • iSVG
  • iTopNotification
  • iUI8
  • iXmlBuilder
  • Xml2Map
  • XUI Views
all the #PlisExtra and other stuff:
B4X:
#PlistExtra:<key>UIStatusBarStyle</key>
#PlistExtra:<string>UIStatusBarStyleLightContent</string>

#PlistExtra:<key>UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance</key>
#PlistExtra:<false/>

#PlistExtra: <key>UIFileSharingEnabled</key><true/>

#PlistExtra:<key>NSLocationAlwaysAndWhenInUseUsageDescription</key><string>Track your location in the background for better ad revenue.</string>
#PlistExtra:<key>NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription</key><string>Track your location in the background for better ad revenue.</string>
#PlistExtra:<key>NSLocationUsageDescription</key><string>Localizzazione richiesta per la verifica del luogo di lavoro</string>
#PlistExtra:<key>NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription</key><string>Localizzazione richiesta per la verifica del luogo di lavoro</string>
#PlistExtra: <key>UIBackgroundModes</key><array><string>location</string></array>
#DeviceCapabilities: location-services

#PlistExtra: <key>CFBundleLocalizations</key><array><string>Italian</string></array>

'use the provision profile that goes with the explicit App Id
#ProvisionFile: LiveBadge.mobileprovision
#Entitlement: <key>aps-environment</key><string>production</string>

'FaceID / TouchID
#PlistExtra: <key>NSFaceIDUsageDescription</key><string>Uses face id to allow authentication</string>

I checked on Apple Developer and the certificates are all Valid.
I didn't changed anything... and until 26/27 December it worked.
I opened the project only now with the intention of remember what i've done, and try to begin again to finish the work but i found this situation.
At the moment i don't know what information add.. @Erel there is something i can send as information?
Maybe i can post .zip... i don't know i'm very confused and worried..

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess it may be the firebase v2 update

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
I recommended you here to remove iTopNotification: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/itopnotification-cutted-out-library.111986/#content
First step is to remove it.

ok i removed the iTopNotification (and i also noticed that i was not using it, in the end i was doing the notification with a panel directly, without the libray as you suggested in that post).
In previous tests i put breakpoints EVERYWHERE, no one triggered.

After i removed the iTopNotification it seemed to have any effect..
i tried to put the breakpoints again, and this time one finally triggered!!, so i clicked "play" and it crashed but with a log message (that before was not displayed).

The guilty was this not-funny line!
B4X:
Dim no As NativeObject = App
no.GetField("statusBar").SetField("backgroundColor", no.ColorToUIColor(0xFFBB4B4B))

That causes this error:
B4X:
App called -statusBar or -statusBarWindow on UIApplication: this code must be changed as there's no longer a status bar or status bar window. Use the statusBarManager object on the window scene instead.

Thanks to all.
Now i will open another thread to ask for the conversion of this code in the new way, so this thing can be known more easly

Last edited:
Upvote 0