Wish app publish tutorial

ciginfo

Licensed User
Longtime User
The "special" steps with B4i are:
- Change the key folder to a new folder (Tools - Configure Paths).
Now create a new store certificate and provisioning profile like you previously did.
- Compile your app in Release mode. Don't try to install it on the device as it will not work.
Download the ipa file if you are using the remote builder (Tools - Build Server - Download Last Built App).
I do not understand well: "Now create a new store certificate and provisioning profile".
Have I to create a new certificate and provisioning file into my account Apple production section and place the certificate in a different directory of the directory that contains the certificate used to execute the program on the device? Then I have to change the path in B4i Tools -> Configure Path -> keys and Folder mode and compile realase, Download Last Built App?
This is the .ipa file obtained I have to present with "Application Loader"?
The .ipa file obtained with the 1st path used to try the app on the device would not work?
Is that correct? For I still can not publish my app, all the tutorials use Xcode I do not know.
Thank you.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the .ipa file obtained I have to present with "Application Loader"?
The .ipa file obtained with the 1st path used to try the app on the device would not work?
Is that correct? For I still can not publish my app, all the tutorials use Xcode I do not know.
Thank you.

yep... if you compile your app with the publish to store profision file it wont run on your device
this ipa you need to upload via application loader

its very simple to publish it open xcode > click on Xcode Menu (Top) > Open Developer Tool > Application Loader

then you will ask to enter your apple account password then click twice on "Deliver Your App" and select the *.ipa

after it will be loaded open member center and go to itunes connect and to your app (make sure to compile with the right build configurations: your app id should be the same with the one you have created in itunes connect)

after about 3 minutes your build should be available.. just choose it and thats it...

ciginfo

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, OK, OK.
Another question :
I compile with "Build Release" App then "Download Last Built App".
- If I compile the program with Key Folder path for developpement I obtain an .ipa.file 10.694 ko
- If I compile the same program with Key Folder path for production I obtain an .ipa.file 5.415 ko
Is it normal??

Shay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel is there going to be a way to upload the build using B4i, or I need to buy MAC / pay extra for submitting my app?

Shay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which one I need to use:
Xcode or Application loader
(do I use the ipa file from the b4i?)

klarsys

Licensed User
Longtime User
Compile your app in Release mode
I do not see Release mode ever available. It always shows Debug mode.
How do I switch to Release mode?

Note: I created another set of .cer and .mobileprovosion files selecting 'Distribution' option, using same .csr file and have kept them in the same folder (as development files). I hope that is OK.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
upload_2015-6-9_14-48-12.png

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

Is there any chance that you can add an additional "RELEASE Keys Folder" to the "Configure path" settings dialog?

Then hopefully you can offer the ability for these additional build methods:

1) "Compile and Debug App" (or clicking the play button) - This will compile the app in debug mode (using the "development" cert/prov path key files) and copy it to the B4-bridge device immediately and start the app.
2) "Build Standalone App" - This will compile a version of the app (using the dev cert/prov path key files) that does NOT require the IDE to be running, and copy it to the B4-bridge device immediately. This would allow us developers to beta test our own app in a standalone mode at anytime (no need to be connected to IDE).
3) "Build Release App" - This will compile a version of that app (using the RELEASE cert/prov path key files) that is ready to be uploaded to the AppStore.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually I think that it is better to use a single folder for all keys and use the same CertSigningRequest file for all keys.

See this thread: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/48539/#content

That method seems like a good idea and I will give it a try.

But it would still be very helpful if you could add a "Build Standalone" menu option that would automate the process of compiling a non-release version of the app (but also a version that doesn't need to connect to the IDE to run) and then automatically install it on my device. This way I can run/test the app while away from my PC.

It seems the only way to create a non-debug version (a version that does not try to connect to the IDE to run) is to do a "Build Release". But then such a version won't install on my device even if I tried because it will have the store certificates in it.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems the only way to create a non-debug version (a version that does not try to connect to the IDE to run) is to do a "Build Release". But then such a version won't install on my device even if I tried because it will have the store certificates in it.
That depends on your configuration.

The advantage of using the attributes to choose the signing files is that it allows you to use the conditional compilation feature to easily switch between different signing files.

Create a STORE build configuration and only in this configuration use the store keys.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That depends on your configuration.

The advantage of using the attributes to choose the signing files is that it allows you to use the conditional compilation feature to easily switch between different signing files.

Create a STORE build configuration and only in this configuration use the store keys.

I understand about switching to different certificates.

But what I am saying is that even when I choose development certificates, I can't figure out how to compile an app so I then copy it to my device and then run the app WITHOUT that app trying to connect to the IDE. How can I do this?

In other words, I want to find out how can I compile a non-store app that will run on my phone AFTER I disconnect my device from the IDE.

...Then my second request was for a way to compile such an app and have it automatically be copied to my phone without me having to do a "download last build", then drag it into iTunes to install it on my phone.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah, I think I understand it now. Thanks.