iOS Question App store rejected for: Minimum Functionality

Vins

Licensed User
Hi everyone, I'm trying to publish my app, but it was rejected for the following reason:

------------------------------------
Guideline 4.2.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality

We noticed that your app only includes links, images, or content aggregated from the Internet with limited or no native iOS functionality. Although this content may be curated from the web specifically for your users, since it does not sufficiently differ from a mobile web browsing experience, it is not appropriate for the App Store.

Next Steps

We encourage you to review your app concept and work towards creating an app that offers customers an engaging and lasting experience that also meets the App Store’s high expectations for quality and functionality.

Apple Developer includes a variety of design and development resources. Download iOS templates from Apple UI Design Resources, learn more about crafting intuitive, well-designed apps with the Design Video collection, and review the iOS Human Interface Guidelines for best practices to follow when designing apps for the App Store.
------------------------------------

I will try to explain the operation of this application. I have created an online CMS where my customers can upload to their contents Those contents can be webview, simple text, html text, videos, various links, documents etc ... every customer can freely upload everything he deems appropriate for his business. It is also possible to send push notifications of alert and / or necessity to be communicated, but for those of Apple it is not enough. Can someone help me?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which programming language did you use for the CMS? If it was .NET why don't you use a .NET web service to upload the content (files can be encoded base64 bytes) ? You can do this directly from a native iOS app and the Apple "people" will be happy. I do not know if other programming languages have something similar to web services but you could do such a thing I suppose.

Upvote 0