iOS Question Apple rejected my app due to Other “Business Model Issues”

Manaf Alajrad

Licensed User
Hello everyone,
I have uploaded my app to review and they rejected it, this is the msg:

3. 2.0 Business: Other Business Model Issues
Guideline 3.2 - Business

During our review, we found that this app was designed for a specific business or organization, including its partners, clients or employees, and not for general distribution on the App Store. Business apps available on the App Store are meant for use by a wide variety of external customers around the world.

As this app is not intended for general distribution, it cannot be made available on the App Store. We encourage you to review the other ways to distribute your business app and choose one that better meets your business needs.

If you revise your app concept and features to provide substantial value to a wide variety of external customers around the world, we recommend that you also review our App Store Review Guidelines, including, among others, guidelines 2.5.4 - Background Location, 3.2.2 - Unacceptable Business Models, 4.0 - Design, 4.2 - Minimum Functionality, and 4.3 - Spam, prior to resubmitting the app for general distribution on the App Store.

unfortunately my app is partially for internal use by some companies, and I can't make a Business Apple Acount, how can I distribute my App?

Thank you for your help and time.

Manaf.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some questions:

1) What does your app do exactly? (the more details the better so we might be able to think of an angle to base your "response/plea" on, ie. "but many general users can use my app because it does...)
2) When you say your app is "partially for internal use", what rough percentage of your app is for internal use and what percentage for general/global user use?
3) Why can't you create a Business Apple Account? (if cost is the major reason, then depending on the companies who you writing this app for, maybe they can pay for the special account)
4) How many "internal" users would be using your app? (so we can determine if OTA deploy might be an option)

Upvote 0