Android Question Application Keeps Stopping Message

Randori

Licensed User
Longtime User
There was a thread about this in the past, but I am encountering something similar.

I have an application that I have in Google Play as an Internal Test that has been functioning very well, up until now. I have not made any code changes or releases since January. I can install the application and I go to the permissions and give storage permission as I have in past, but when attempting to launch the app, it immediately closes and gives the message that the application "Keeps Stopping". It almost appears that the storage permission is not actually working as the application data and cache never grow beyond zero so I think it is not creating the database when it first launches.

AT FIRST RUN:
Sub Service_Create
    'File.Delete(File.DirDefaultExternal, "RSM.db") ' only for testing, removes the database
    'File.Copy(File.DirAssets, "RSM.db", File.DirDefaultExternal, "RSM.db")

'check if the database already exists
    If File.Exists(File.DirDefaultExternal, "RSM.db") = False Then
        File.Copy(File.DirAssets, "RSM.db", File.DirDefaultExternal, "RSM.db")
        localDB.Initialize(File.DirDefaultExternal, "RSM.db", True)

Else
        localDB.Initialize(File.DirDefaultExternal, "RSM.db", True)
        reqManager.Initialize(Me, "http://XX.XXX.XX.218:XXXXX/rdc")

End If

End Sub

This application uses a local SQLite database and connects to a jRDC2 SQL Server. It has worked fine until now and the devices that have it already installed seem to work fine.

Any ideas?

Randori

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK...Thank you all for the early am (for me) responses and guidance. I will review this and make corrections. This was released on earlier version as this application has been running for 2+ years (with periodic updates)...Most recent release was in January and it had worked fine up until attempting to install it on a recently updated android motorola phone.

What I can say is that as long as the app was installed prior to the android update, my app still functions as expected...thats what lead me to think it was a storage permission issue. I will get back in front of my dev machine do some debugging and fixes.

THANKS AGAIN!

Upvote 0