B4J Question Arabic font from data using SQLite did not display correctly

ctnm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I would like to ask a question.

I have a sqlite database that consist of multifont data. One of it is Arabic font. I have designed an interface to display the data into Table View. The data is displayed but for the Arabic data the are error.

The Arabic data is displayed as a separate single character not as word. Did B4J need a setting to make the Arabic data display correctly?

Tq.

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
The first thing to try is to display the text without getting it from the database, just setting it in the code instead.

That will neatly tell you if the problem is in SQLite or in the display.

Upvote 0

ctnm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Previously, I have been done a program using B4A and there is no problem calling the database.
And I'm doing similar programming using B4J but this problem occur.

Troberg: I'm sorry but could you explain what do you mean by 'just setting it in the code instead.'.
If possible could you give an example.

Upvote 0

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Instead of storing the text in the database, then retrieving it to show it, just do a:

textbox.text="My arabic text"

That way, you'll know if the database somehow mangles it, or if it's the display of the text that's the problem. A very telling test.

Upvote 0

ctnm

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just realize...when i try to enter or input Arabic text into a textbox, the Arabic font also become separate character.
I just wonder is B4J need font setting?

Upvote 0