are we all part of this :(

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have seen it sometimes when something worse happened and people instead of helping the person in need they pulled out their phones and captured that moment.

and also in sec 0:50 is so true and 1:35

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This happened even when smartphones did not exist.

but today it did get much much worse then in the past. those smartphones are controlling our lifes. just think about it. everything happens in that small box.
we manage out appointments, we talk with our families, we pay bills and do so much more. actually, google knows everything about us through our smartphones.
they know what we think, what we eat, where we buy, what we buy, how much we spend, ... really scary !!!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but today it did get much much worse then in the past. those smartphones are controlling our lifes. just think about it. everything happens in that small box.
we manage out appointments, we talk with our families, we pay bills and do so much more. actually, google knows everything about us through our smartphones.
they know what we think, what we eat, where we buy, what we buy, how much we spend, ... really scary !!!
Everything has its positive and negative side.
Today it is and it will be increasingly possible to avoid going here and there and queues at the counters.

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here's another one by Steve Cutts:

Diceman

Licensed User
i have seen it sometimes when something worse happened and people instead of helping the person in need they pulled out their phones and captured that moment.

and also in sec 0:50 is so true and 1:35

A friend of mine lives in NYC and is middle age and around 300 pounds. (He's a big buy) A few years ago he was hit by a speeding taxi when he crossed the entrance of an alley (not his fault). The cab was speeding and it threw him into the air quite a distance and he landed on the ground in a crumpled mess. He was alert during the whole experience and when he was flying through the air, he happened to notice the cleavage of a very attractive woman walking on the sidewalk. Strange how the brain focuses on "important" stuff even during extreme stress. o_O Anyways, while he was on the street he looked like he was unconscious with his arms and legs in a contorted position. The ambulance was on its way. What annoyed him the most was a group of people had gathered around him making bets as to whether he would live or die. I mean, who would do that? The video that was posted is likely more accurate than most people think.

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was cycling home today from a meeting when I on the opposite bike lane saw a young woman around 20 totally focused on her smartphone. Se was quickly approaching another woman walking 30-50 meters in front of her I and turned my head to see if she would hit the other woman which I thought she would by judging the direction and speed. She did, but fortunately she only stroked the other woman's left arm. But that young woman on the bike just continued as if nothing had happened.

The worst thing though, during the next 10 minutes I saw two other cyclists reading something on their phone while cycling.