Are you calm?

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Translation:

This image was created by a Japanese neurologist.
If you are calm, it doesn't move.
If it moves, you're a little stressed.

If it moves a lot, you are very stressed.

View attachment 151538

1. I think it's false, that it's an optical effect by which we all see it animated
  2. it's a jpg, not an animated gif.
Holy Crap, I must be going nuts, as I see it spinning :eek::eek:
🤣🤣

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I looked at all the images above.. no movement at all.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sure you're human?

😄

Only a click the checkbox test is able to define this answer. 😀

@Beja don't worry. When I am calm also, I see everything still myself too.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
On my screen, all the images and even my monitor are moving. 🤣

The answer to this is obvious... Meditation or less alcohol... otherwise also the signs at the roads will be dancing.😀

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sure you're alive?
Are you sure you're human?

😄
I am. Afterall it's a jpg image so why should it move, it's no mp4, animated gif, mov... etc. The only time it moves when I look away from it, and then I don't where did it go. True

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Puzzle solved!
When you look at any object, even if you constantly gaze at it, and you think you are looking at it steadily, but in fact there are slight movement of the eye taking place, not under your control.. very slight and relatively fast movement. So when the eye moves a few micrometers, and due to the optic nerve response delay, the old image is still there and needs some time (very short time) to adapt to the new image (location). That's why you see the image is shaking (or moving) as you said. If your optic nerve is healthy and strong (nothing personal please!) then it can refresh the image fast enough not to notice any (motion) caused by optic nerve response delay.

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Puzzle solved!
When you look at any object, even if you constantly gaze at it, and you think you are looking at it steadily, but in fact there are slight movement of the eye taking place, not under your control.. very slight and relatively fast movement. So when the eye moves a few micrometers, and due to the optic nerve response delay, the old image is still there and needs some time (very short time) to adapt to the new image (location). That's why you see the image is shaking (or moving) as you said. If your optic nerve is healthy and strong (nothing personal please!) then it can refresh the image fast enough not to notice any (motion) caused by optic nerve response delay.
It is possible, but it must be a particular image, otherwise you would also see a cat moving 😄

However, I hardly believe that you don't see the images moving; Don't stare at a particular point, try to look at the image as a whole.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am looking from my window and the trees' branches are moving