ARRRGH! I feel stupid!

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just spent an hour debugging a PHP script.
My problem? I wrote:

if $id = 0 then
end if

instead of

if($id == 0){
}

That darn B4A...
ARRRGH! :mad:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Forget about PHP. Write your server with B4J ;)

I liked this post (and i like very much b4j servers!) but PHP is pretty much a standard, available everywhere.

It is more or less like the difference between B4A and Java + Android:
unfortunately I have to say that I love B4A, but I would find work as developer (as employee) for mobile devices knowing Java + Android not B4A ... UNFORTUNATELY!

Last edited:

socialnetis

Licensed User
Longtime User
unfortunately I have to say that I love B4A, but I would find work as developer (as employee) for mobile devices knowing Java + Android not B4A ... UNFORTUNATELY!
I have to agree with you, so I'm trying to dig in to Java + Android. Java is not hard at all if you have some OOP background, but the Android SDK it just a big mess, the more I try to dig in, the more I hate it and makes me appreciate how excellent B4A is and how makes everything so intuitive and easy, as it should be.

However, you can always go the freelancer way, you are your own boss, you manage your time like whatever you want, and most importante you use the tools that makes the life easier for you, like B4A.

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand employers overlooking B4A developers if they already have java production going. That said, B4A does produce native java files that can be edited, but that would be a nightmare in a production environment. There are a LOT of folks out there that know BASIC. I suspect a lot more know vb than know java, so there is a very good pool of potential programmers for a company that is just getting into Android apps.

Just some random thoughts from the owner of a software company.

--- Jem