Attempt to adapt an old game under JAVA TM for Android

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
"Quadrapop", originally launched in 2005, was one of Sony Ericsson's arcade-style games for mobile phones and comes pre-installed in many models such as HAZEL or SONY ERICSSON J20i QuickSilver.
“Quadrapop” has built up a large fan base. For a major overhaul and game upgrade, Sony Ericsson chose 'BlueSkyNorth', a highly respected Flash® for Mobile development agency based in the UK.
The Quadrapop game, after its update, has benefited from some new interesting features:
- Hi-score portal at www.sonyericsson.com/quadrapop
- Multiplayer option
- Listen to music while playing
- New graphic look
- Selectable skins
- Users can create their own skins using Adobe Flash
- Users can share skins via hi-score portal

In fact, the "Quadrapop" game was so impressive that it was selected as a finalist for this year's Adobe MAX awards. Public voting had begun on September 28, and the winners were announced at the MAX Awards Conference from October 4–7, 2009.

My project is to try to rebuild this old game, a variant of TETRIS for today's Smartphones. The work is underway... But it's not yet won, because moving from a Java application (JAR file) designed for old phones to an Android application (APK file) compatible with today's Smartphones is not easy...

Last edited:

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
After a vacation in Brittany, I resumed my work, things are progressing slowly ...

chantier.png

New APK file