Wish Auto Convert dip/%x to values in Designer Properties either for its Parent or Screen

silver-surfer

This feature will be so helpful for designers who need to calculate percentages of screen to fix area. think you are just putting 33%y -> to get the value if need to get value base on parent we can add 33%%y like something to get the value based on parent container.
i also found there is no such thing as help to calculate screen elements pos relative

hope to get some reference

silver-surfer

Erel Sir, i am glad to get the suggestion from you. but my question is in adobe photoshop where you can use 1in, 1cm or any unit it will convert to pixels.
i hope understood my concern.
also, if you suggest some good stuff about android learning so i can use B4X it will be good for all of those who afraid to start android studio using kotlin or java as no has so much learning curve it takes time.
thank you for your precious time and i wish this community grow like banyan tree.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I really don't get it... I understand this is a wish, but, I don't really understand the need for it.
In your drawing program, you specify the "canvas" size (ex: 320x640) and you specify resolution (dot per inch or pixels per inch) typically set at 96dpi, but you can set it at 160, which translates to a scale1 dip!
Then save it as a template and you can use it as many times you wish, and the graphics will fit perfectly in your final layout!

Last edited: