Android Question AVD modification

aedwall

Licensed User
Longtime User
How do I modify the AVDs I see when I open the AVD Manager? I see a trash bin and a START button. But how do I modify existing AVDs? Thank you.

cristian petersen

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are talking about change some parameters. The config.ini file with the parameters value of your emulated device is located in "Drive":\"Android folder"\B4AEmulator\"Emulator device name" (in my case C:\Android\B4AEmulator\6in_Phone_Platform_28_default)

Upvote 0

aedwall

Licensed User
Longtime User
I looked there and that directory only contains the 3 default AVD sub-directories. I see that other AVDs I previously created are in "C:\Users\username\.android\avd\". I had seen these before but I think I missed the references to "image.sysdir.1=system-images\android-24\google_apis\x86_64\" in "config.ini". It appears that accessing AVDs via Android Studio is much better than accessing them through b4A. Having them in one place is also an advantage. The 3 default AVDs in the folder you mentioned are so "ancient" that they hardly seem worthwhile. But I am no expert. Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0

cristian petersen

Licensed User
Longtime User
in "C:\Users\username\.android\avd\" I have just 1 file "6in_Phone_Platform_28_default.ini" containing:
avd.ini.encoding=UTF-8
path=C:\Android\B4AEmulator\6in_Phone_Platform_28_default
target=android-28

Upvote 0