Bug? B4A 6.80 Icon Picker

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Erel same time when i search Icon Picker and select the same i have this error:

upload_2017-3-11_19-19-59.png

Lori Scott

Licensed User
I have the same problem. I have closed every other foreground app (including B4J and reopened it) but the problem persists. Is there workaround? Such as typing the code for the icon instead of pasting it.

Lori Scott

Licensed User
When I type Chr(0xF0AB) into the the FontAwesome Icons box for my button (with font set to FontAwesome), I simply get a button with the text 'Chr(0xF0AB)' instead of the icon. I also tried using this script: btnConvert.Text = Chr(0xF0AB) That produced an error. What syntax do I need to use for this workaround?

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When I type Chr(0xF0AB) into the the FontAwesome Icons box for my button (with font set to FontAwesome), I simply get a button with the text 'Chr(0xF0AB)' instead of the icon. I also tried using this script: btnConvert.Text = Chr(0xF0AB) That produced an error. What syntax do I need to use for this workaround?

upload_2018-7-20_15-40-54.png

Lori Scott

Licensed User
Thank you. As I described in my previous post, I have the font set to FontAwesome and typed the icon code in the FontAwesome Icons property but icon is not showing.
upload_2018-7-20_10-8-19.png

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is B4J, ok but here all work , maybe you have a problem on PC. Here work

upload_2018-7-20_20-4-45.png

Pls the next time the issues on B4J insert them in the B4J Question forum

upload_2018-7-20_20-6-57.png

Lori Scott

Licensed User
Thank you. That solution is working for me. Yes, I will place my questions properly under B4J or B4A in the future. In this case I had the same problem in both B4J and B4A and the same solution works for both. I wish I could use the clipboard in the normal way with the icon picker. I am able to use clipboard just fine to copy/paste text in my code. It only gives the error when copying within the icon picker.

Lori Scott

Licensed User
I discovered something new. Despite the fact that every time I try to copy from the icon picker, I get this error message, all I have to do is ignore it. I can close the error box and paste into the FontAwesome Icons property and it will paste in the icon I tried to copy.
upload_2018-7-25_8-37-1.png

upload_2018-7-25_8-41-57.png