B4A and ICS - new featues and APIs

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

while Honeycomb introduced new features, it didn't really matter since it was more related to tablets (although still important) but not so important for me personally. Now with ICS, I guess other new features such as views and APIs have been introduced and maybe now it is more important since ICS is a unified and a standard OS-version both for smartphones and tablets.

That said, I noted that for instance setting target as 14 in manifest-file will make many views run with correct ICS-style under ICS and still working on older devices. That is great.

However, there are some new APIs such as the Calendar-api which I believe is new from 4.0. Probably others as well. In this case, I guess we cannot use them in B4A unless one personally make a wrapper-library.

In view of what mentioned above, I am wondering if you with the next releases of B4A, are going to support many of these new APIs and perhaps also other new views in order to let us B4A-developers use all features of ICS in full (or at least the most important ones)?

As always, thanks for your support!