Android Question B4a Bridge 2.54 start button not active

rworner

Licensed User
Longtime User
I installed the b4A bridge on a new Galaxy Tab A device. When the app starts it displays the IP address which I confirmed matched the IP in the router table. The tablet and laptop are connected to the same 2.4ghz network. The strart button shows the Wi-Fi symbol on the button, but the button is not active. The red heart appears periodically. In the IDE under the connect section it shows the IP with the message "(not started)" after the device name. Suggestions?

rworner

Licensed User
Longtime User
I enabled installation from unknown sources and restarted the tablet. When the bridge starts now I get a message saying to Please enable installation of non-market applications... But when I check the setting is enabled.

Upvote 0

rworner

Licensed User
Longtime User
The tablet requires that you enable installation from unknown sources for each separate application. I also enabled it for Chrome - which is how I loaded B4A-Bridge to the tablet.

Upvote 0

rworner

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A-Bridge displays allowed, but start is still not enabled.
upload_2019-2-24_20-53-29.png

Upvote 0

rworner

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please enable installation of non-market applications.
Under Settings - Security - Unknown sources
Or Settings - Applications - Unknown Sources
<OK>
I clcik OK and check the Settings- Security and it shows the picture above stating "Allowed".

Upvote 0

rworner

Licensed User
Longtime User
USB debugging is enabled. When I connect the USB cable I get an error message from Windows: USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected malfunctioned. The USB configuration defaults to MTP.

Upvote 0