Android Question b4a bridge debbuger not work properly

Ronce

Licensed User
Hi there,
I'm newbie for using b4a, I'm not a programmer I just interest to make some app on the phone.

Before running further many codes of the program, i have problem with b4a bridge debbuger. I already install b4a bridge on readmi phone and it connected normally to the b4a at the computer IP and status Ok. And also i can connect normally visual designer at computer to b4a desinger of the phone. While i change something on activity of visual designer of computer the activity at the b4a designer of the phone will change also. It seems normal but when I run or debbug the code, there is nothing happend at activity of b4a designer of the phone. Please advice..

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Designer view on your 'phone is not used when you are testing your app. Try this procedure ...

1. Close (kill) all apps on your 'phone and close B4A on your PC to get a clean start.
2. Start B4A-Bridge on your 'phone. Do NOT start B4A Designer - check that it is not running.
3. Start B4A on your PC. Before you open any file use "Tools -> B4A Bridge -> Connect" to connect with B4A-Bridge on your 'phone.
4. On the PC open your app file from the B4A "File" menu. Do NOT touch the "Designer" menu.
5. Open the "Logs" panel in B4A (bottom right of form).
6. Run your app in "Release" mode.

If your app has no errors then it will open on your 'phone. If it does contain errors, as is almost certain if this is your first attempt, then you will see something in the Logs screen. That will take you on to your next problem. Good luck.

By the way, it is perfectly okay to have B4A-Bridge and B4A Designer running on your 'phone at the same time. I am telling you here to turn off B4A Designer just to be sure that it is not confusing you.

Upvote 0

Ronce

Licensed User
Hi brian and Erel,

It works well now, both of you are correct the problem is I am still running b4a desinger on the phone while debugging the code. After I closed b4a designer, the code run well.

Thanks appreciate for all of assistance.

Upvote 0