Android Question B4A-Bridge doesn't connect

Stephaner

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a problem to connect B4A-Bridge to my new tablet (either wifi and Bluetooth)
1/==> By wifi, the tablet indicates an IP adress (192.168.0.12) but when I try to connect (from PC) to this IP by wifi, I have a message "Ping Failed".
It worked fine on my previous tablet but not on this new one.

2/ ==> B4A-Bridge doesn-t work by Bluetooth too. B4A-Bridge indicates "connected" (on the tablet) with Bluetooth... but nothing happens when I send the program to the tablet.

Note these détails :
- The computer is connected to the router (Freebox) thanks to an ethernet wire (RJ45)
- The tablet is connected to the router (Freebox) by wifi.
- The computer's IP is 192.168.0.10, the tablet's IP is 192.168.0.12. These IP were given by DHCP (from the Freebox)
- The tablet is an ASUS ZenPad3S, with Androïd V7.0
- The access to the router from the tablet is OK. The Internet connection works very well.
- The communication from the tablet to other element works.
- Bluetooth is recognized by the computer, and files (jpeg, etc...) can be exchanged in both directions.
- The PING from the computer to the tablet returns an error ( 4 packets lost)

Are there special settings to perform on the tablet to make it work ?
Is there a specific version of B4A-Bridge for Androïd V7.0?

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. What tablet have you got now?
2. It's not the bridge as you've already said that a ping from the computer to the tablet returns 'destination host unreachable'.
3. Both computer and tablet has an IP address, so it can't be anything too serious, are you sure that you're pinging the correct IP address 192.168.0.12, typos are easy to happen?

Upvote 0

Stephaner

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Peter,

1. Now I have an ASUS ZenPad3S, with Androïd V7.0
2. When I try to connect the bridge by wifi from the computer, I have a message "Ping failed (IP = 192.168.0.12): DestinationHostUnreachable"
3. Sure fore the IP adresses. But maybe there is a firewall on the tablet which prevents the ping from entering the tablet.... ? How to remove it?

last notice : My version of B4A-Bridge is v2.07

Upvote 0

Stephaner

Licensed User
Longtime User
This evening I've been able to compile and send by Bluetooth connection. (But I don't understand why it works now....)

But Wireless connection still doesn't work.

information : wireless connection still works on my old tablet and on my smartphone. ....

Where is my bugg???

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You should try reboot your router and all your devices, but start off with rebooting your router. I had the same thing about 4 years ago, a reboot fixed it for me and that was with my then Nexus phone, it took me about an hour before I decided to reboot my router.

Try downloading a ping app onto your tablet, ping your computer and your router from the tablet, then back in the following direction, that might help too, but start off with rebooting your router then your devices. IP routing tables in routers can be a pain at times, but extremely rarely is that the case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stephaner

Licensed User
Longtime User
THANKS A LOT !

You were right. I only had to reboot the router.
Now it works.
But since the Internet worked on all the elements, I thought it was updated... I was wrong.

Sorry for my stupid question :)

Upvote 0