Android Question B4A-Bridge - is possible to debug app out of lan ?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Until recently I did not know the existence of B4J-Bridge, the equivalent of B4A-Bridge but dedicated to desktop and Raspberry systems
And I see that B4J-Bridge can also be used with target device positioned outside the LAN where the B4J ide is running
The question is: how is it possible to use B4A-Bridge on an Android smartphone that communicates with the office LAN only via the telephone data network and therefore outside the PC LAN where the B4A IDE runs?

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Until recently I did not know the existence of B4J-Bridge, the equivalent of B4A-Bridge but dedicated to desktop and Raspberry systems And I see that B4J-Bridge can also be used with target device positioned outside the LAN where the B4J ide is running The question is: how is it possible to use B4A-Bridge on an Android smartphone that communicates with the office LAN only via the telephone data network and therefore outside the PC LAN where the B4A IDE runs?

Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
You can use USB connection to debug directly

"...Android smartphone that communicates with the office LAN only via the telephone data network ..."
I would like to understand if B4A-Bridge can be used to work on smartphones connected OUTSIDE the LAN

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1601275514812.png

It is a very old post, but I don't think that this has changed.

Anyway, there is the source code of B4A-Bridge.

Upvote 0