Bug? B4A-Bridge on Android 10 TV Box

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
When running B4A-Bridge on Android 10 TV Box (Amlogic TC6s) I get the folllowing warning, I click OK, but now can't install my App from B4A

'The "display over other apps" permission is required on Android Q+ devices in order to allow B4A-Bridge to start other apps while in the background.'

Any ideas?

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Installing file to device. Error
adb.exe: failed to check server version: protocol fault (couldn't read status):

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That error sounds like the B4A-Bridge app on the Android TV needs that "display over other apps" permission, but doesn't have it for some reason.

Are you sure you have the latest version of B4A-Bridge on the Android TV?

Last edited:

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yep, updated only days ago

This "display over other apps" is a real issue. it is also causing the "Auto start not working on Android 10" issue I posted.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As a test/possible work-around, are you able to connect a USB cable between your PC and the Android TV device to see if it works without B4A-Bridge?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I remember right on my Android 10 Xiaomi Mi Max 3 I had to find and manually allow display over other apps. It was in :-
Settings/Passwords & security/Privacy/Special app access/Display over other apps.

EDIT: I think I'm wrong, it was :-
Settings -> Apps -> Permissions -> Other Permissions -> B4A-Bridge and enable "Display pop-up windows while running in the background"
needed to to install an app if B4A-Bridge was not in the foreground.

Last edited:

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I remember right on my Android 10 Xiaomi Mi Max 3 I had to find and manually allow display over other apps. It was in :-
Settings/Passwords & security/Privacy/Special app access/Display over other apps.

EDIT: I think I'm wrong, it was :-
Settings -> Apps -> Permissions -> Other Permissions -> B4A-Bridge and enable "Display pop-up windows while running in the background"
needed to to install an app if B4A-Bridge was not in the foreground.
If that does work - then see if there is an entry in "Accessibility" and "Admin" sections of settings that you can approve B4A-Bridge for.