Android Question B4A crash with Notification Window opening suddenly

Ferdari

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was working in the calm night, but suddenly a wild Notification Window appeared like 10000+ times and crashed the app an my PC slowed down.

Whats is this kind of BUG?

b4a error.jpg

@Erel is it some testing?

But for my salvation the project were saved before.

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Ferdari

Licensed User
Longtime User
Never happend here (and other "harcore users"). Even after hours of working/testing. Do you use a network drive? Check your harddisk for issues. Besides that: Hard to say without seeing anything.
i know, in my 6 years of use, never happened before, the black mini window in picture: Notification Window on title, then blacked when out of memory or something.

not a hardrive issue, i have an SSD, it has never failed.

need to happen again in order to be recorded?

i will try to reproduce it, as i remember, it happened when highlighting a function on list when writing,

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This appended to me a few days ago whilst using the designer but in B4J, I was working on a new project for a client (I was about 4 or 5 days into development). I was working in the designer when all of a sudden blank notifications appeared and just kept repeating themselves over the top of the previous blank notification, I could just see it happening over and over and over again. Within just a few seconds there must have been two or three hundred blank notifications on my screen. The only way I could stop it was to use the Task Manager to end the B4J task.

Luckily I didn't really lose any code as I was working on the designer at the time and I had ran the project about 2 minutes earlier, I was just moving some views around. I didn't bother reporting this issue as in all the years I've been using B4X, I've never seen this happen before and I've not seen it since. It didn't occur to me to take a quick screenshot as I was too worried about my clients project, but yes this happened to me last week.

Upvote 0

Ferdari

Licensed User
Longtime User
This appended to me a few days ago whilst using the designer but in B4J, I was working on a new project for a client (I was about 4 or 5 days into development). I was working in the designer when all of a sudden blank notifications appeared and just kept repeating themselves over the top of the previous blank notification, I could just see it happening over and over and over again. Within just a few seconds there must have been two or three hundred blank notifications on my screen. The only way I could stop it was to use the Task Manager to end the B4J task.

Luckily I didn't really lose any code as I was working on the designer at the time and I had ran the project about 2 minutes earlier, I was just moving some views around. I didn't bother reporting this issue as in all the years I've been using B4X, I've never seen this happen before and I've not seen it since. It didn't occur to me to take a quick screenshot as I was too worried about my clients project, but yes this happened to me last week.
its good to know that im not the only one that have experienced this, and to know im not crazy. šŸ˜‹

Upvote 0