Other B4A Minigame competition 2014 Xmas edition

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The year is reaching its end which means a lot of minigame compos will reach their deadline aswell.

What about a minigame compo for B4A with a Christmas based theme for the game(s)?

A month left to create a minigame which should be enough.

Rules could be...

- Christmas/Winter themed
- Made in B4A (source need to be provided as proof)
- Made by yourself (not taking a flappy bird or match3 game example from this forum and just replace some gfx)
- Game may not be released before by you on Google Play (as in no quick game recycling by using new gfx to fit the theme)
- Filesize limit not set yet (5Mb?)
- Deadline reached, the poll is online.
- Voting from Dec 28 - Jan 1st via forum poll?
- Attenders/Winners might know the result on Jan 1 2015

Erel knowing, he might throw in some B4i+B4A,B4i license(s) or something for the winner or top3.

Erel is so kind to donate 3 B4i + hosted Mac builder licenses for the top 3.

So it's always worth attending for that, the fun , the challenge or to explore the other side of app building (games).

See it as promoting your skills and the possibilities of B4A.

Current entry list:

game title - author (used libs, classes, modules)

Don`t tip the tree! - Mike H. (core, gesturedetector, animation, animationplus)

PicPuzzleXmas
- The Desolate Soul (core, javaobject, msstaggeredgridview, mediabrowser, filehelper, msanimator, reflection, msmaterialmenu, stdactionbarhelper, threading, phone, callsubextended, mscardview)

15 Tiles Xmas Edition
- UDG (Reflection, StringUtils, dgPickers, Classes: DraggableView, CustomListView, Module: StateManager)

Xmas Mahjong - cbc551 (core,audio,acceleratedsurface,scrollview2d,gesturedetector,animationplus)

Santa Chaos - Ilan (Admob, Animation, Core, Reflection)

Santa Got Stuck up the chimney - Dibb3386 - (Core, Gesture Detector)

Elf attack - RandomCoder (core,phone,reflection,audio)

CLAUStrophobia - Sorex (core)

Last edited:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ehmmm, maybe his intention was to vote 3 times for his own game :D

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We're just joking while we wait for users to vote.
It's like on New Year's Eve night waiting for the midnight's fireworks..

I spent these last few minutes on the XenForo site to see if I could find indication of any unresolved bug which let me alter the ongoing voting polling session..
why count on users when you can hack the system? (@Erel, I'm joking again; be patient, two days more and we get quiet again.. 'till next compo ;) )

It's dinner time here. I better quit tapping the keyboard and start investigating about my dinner.

Upvote 0

dibb3386

Licensed User
Longtime User
I already posted my source, can include full source file if wanted. Ill do this regardless of if i win or not. People shouldn't be forced to vote to get the source as a bribe. Vote for dibb3386 if your against online bribery. FREE THE INTERNET!!!!! :D :D: :D

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I already posted my source, can include full source file if wanted. Ill do this regardless of if i win or not. People shouldn't be forced to vote to get the source as a bribe. Vote for dibb3386 if your against online bribery. FREE THE INTERNET!!!!! :D :D: :D

ok i take it back...

Upvote 0

dibb3386

Licensed User
Longtime User
lol ilan the damage is done my friend, you can't undo the damage this has caused to the voting system. The people of the internet deserve a winner that's fine with defeat if its an honest loss, taking bribes is a downward spiral that only every leads to charging for help that should be free... its a slippery slope that's hard to come back from. :D :p

VOTE DIBB3386
FREE THE INTERNET!!

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
first i am not your friend, second i asked if i can share code if my game will win, and sorex said as long as you dont write "if you vote for ..." and i didnot!!!
and i dont understand why you write to vote for you to free the internet?? free from what?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can do what you want with the source, ilan. it's yours anyway.

and dibb is just joking around.

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's dinner time here. I better quit tapping the keyboard and start investigating about my dinner.
Why should you be any different to any of us, I'm forever telling my kids to put there phones etc down whilst at the table, and every now and then I get caught too :oops:

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
can you delete me from thim compo please...
Honestly???? I think you may have mistaken @dibb3386 intentions? This compo is all meant as a little light hearted fun in the run up to Christmas. Please don't take offense at dibbs comments.

Upvote 0

dibb3386

Licensed User
Longtime User
ilan am only kidding, dont remove yourself from the compo, I didn't mean any offense. It didnt really matter what you put or anyone else Ive got one vote, best way to get more votes for me is to make it in to a political war :D honestly i was kidding. As a gesture of good will to you ill vote for you! :D.

To the people... see even the competition is voting as a gesture of good will, supporting others without bribery.

VOTE DIBB3386
FREE THE INTERNET!!

EDIT: Voted for you :) ilan

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dibb3386,
I feel myself a bit offended too..have you got any spare vote for me? :)

Guess who just voted for you.. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ilan am only kidding, dont remove yourself from the compo, I didn't mean any offense. It didnt really matter what you put or anyone else Ive got one vote, best way to get more votes for me is to make it in to a political war :D honestly i was kidding. As a gesture of good will to you ill vote for you! :D.

To the people... see even the competition is voting as a gesture of good will, supporting others without bribery.

VOTE DIBB3386
FREE THE INTERNET!!

EDIT: Voted for you :) ilan

the reason i wanted to share the source code if santa chaos will win is that i think that if a game win his source code should be shared because the votes says that this game was the most interesting game and new members could have also somthing from this compo...

i thought if i will be the first to offer this other here will do it too so eveyone will have something from this compo...
(I think it should be a condition for all devs here, if your game will win share the source code)

the intention was not to give bribery to anyone, thatswhy i wrote if my game win and not if someone will vote for me...
i have allready a b4i license i dont need another one... i only took part of this compo because my little brother wanted it so i created this game with him together...

never mind...

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tend to agree (and said very early in the competition), that this was a great opportunity to see how other people create they're programs. Thereby hopefully learning a better way to code than I currently do, or at least a few nice tricks of the trade :D

But I also understand that a lot of work has gone into some of these games and respect that the coder may not want to share the source code. Mines already out there, but I also have no intention of placing it on the play store and so I'm not concerned, bothered or worried if some unscrupulous person decides to take it (finish it :oops:) and then claim it as there own work on Google play.

It is also my own personal opinion that you won't find a better, more friendly forum anywhere else on the internet :). Were all a pretty good bunch.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not concerned, bothered or worried if some unscrupulous person decides to take it (finish it :oops:) and then claim it as there own work on Google play.

some do after things that happend before on the forum.

there were attenders that only wanted to give the entry once their game was on the store already so that it couldn't be uploaded by someone else.

and like I said weeks ago, if you want to spread the source then it's fine by me but then it's your responsibility.
if it appears a week later with just 2 text lines translated into another language and a name change you know where it comes from.

Upvote 0