Android Question B4A shared database for multiple clients

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

I’m analysing an app that needs to run of different android devices and the database should be shared among all the devices.

The app will work mainly offline (no internet) and the devices might share the same local network.

I’ve seen solutions that allow to replicate data through clients (mongodb for example) but all require a server on the internet (or on the local network). I would like that one of the android devices could act like the server.

I though in creating some kind of api on the master device and all of the devices would use that same api. This has the advantage that the api would be only one used for all.

Would this be a good approach for b4a? On top of SQLite? Would it be performant?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

mmanso

Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand that (and makes sense on the perspective you present it).

But don't you think that when you don't need a powerful web server and since B4X (idea) is being multiplatform, would be nice to have a "lite" version to use on a android machine (you've quad and octa core android machines) and could avoid mantaining another equipment (being the rasp or the pc).

This is just a though... in internal apps sometimes you don't need all the power you mentioned that CouldKVS is actually designed for. Its concept could be very nice and used in lower environments.

Upvote 0