Android Question (B4A) [SOLVED] Label text color always appears black

Sabotto

Licensed User
Can anyone explain to me why (on some smartphones), the text colors of some labels appear black?
The colors of the text of the labels are set directly in the designer and I have deliberately chosen standard colors, for example Blue (# FF0000FF), Red (# FFFF0000)
The strange thing is that the same red color (# FFFF0000) applied to the Color property of a button (hence the background color) is displayed well I am attaching photos (just to make it clear but I think it's clear what I mean) The 5 labels (N - M - P - N - X) are all black, while the background of the PDF button is red (same color as the X label)
I haven't found any particular settings or styles in devices that don't show the right colors

I have tried on various smartphones with these results:
  • Huawey P8 lite - android 8.0.0: Ok colors
  • Huawey P20 PRo - android 10: Ok colors
  • Samsung S4 -Android 5.0.1 - Colors OK
  • Samsung Note 8 - Android 9 - Colors NO OK
  • Another Samsung (which now I do not have on hand to read the model and version) Colors NO OK
turno nero.jpg
turno ok.jpg

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is an Accessibility option on my device that has this effect.

Use high contrast text​

High contrast can make text easier to read on your device. This feature changes the text color to either black or white, depending on the original text color.
  1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Select Accessibility
    and then
    Text and display.
  3. Turn on High contrast text.

Upvote 0

Sabotto

Licensed User
One of the devices is from a work colleague. As soon as I see it in the next few days, I do this test by changing the indicated option, hoping that this is the cause.

Upvote 0

Jeffrey Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
One of the devices is from a work colleague. As soon as I see it in the next few days, I do this test by changing the indicated option, hoping that this is the cause.
FWIW, as a design consideration, for things such as this where status indication is relevant or important, I almost always use icons in lieu of labels for this exact reason. An icon will let you control color and shape regardless of any accessibility options. You just need to be sure to choose colors/shapes that work regardless if the user is colorblind ;)

Upvote 0

Sabotto

Licensed User
  • Accessibility
    and then

Text and display.
  • Turn on High contrast text.
That was just that. RESOLVED

Last edited:
Upvote 0