Beta B4A v12.0 beta is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new version of B4A. This version brings an updated Android, Google, AndroidX and Firebase SDKs.
You must download an updated Android SDK + additional resources, to use the new version.

SDK instructions:

1. Download Windows command line tools: https://developer.android.com/studio#command-line-tools-only
2. Download additional components: https://b4xfiles-4c17.kxcdn.com/b4a/resources_11_22.zip
It is recommended to use a tool such as 7zip to unpack the zip files.
The folders should look like this:

1667204556790.png

3. Download B4A v12.0 BETA: https://www.b4x.com/android/files/beta.exe
4. Tools - Configure Paths. Set the path to android.jar to android-33: <android sdk>\platforms\android-33\android.jar

Improvements:

1. Updated Android, Google, AndroidX and Firebase SDKs.
  2. Updated libraries: B4XTable v1.23, B4XPages template, FirebaseAdmob2 v3.0, FirebaseAnalytics v3.0, FirebaseAuth v3.0, FirebaseStorage v3.0, FirebaseNotifications v3.0, AppCompat v4.01, USB v1.01, BCTextEngine v1.94, Phone v2.53, GooglePlayBilling v5.0, Core v11.81, NFC v2.02, DesignerUtils v1.04, Facebook v2.0 (external library - to be released soon).
  3. Bug fixes and minor improvements.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A doesn't loop for the old libraries folder. The internal libraries folder is always relative to the ins
Yes thank you. Will it be like this now or until the release of the stable version?
These are dependencies related to the library that you are using. You will need to keep it until the library is updated with these declarations (the result will be exactly the same).

Upvote 0

Andrija

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you but I don' understand you, sorry. I thought that after this update my library will be for "B4XTable v1.23," not v1.22, and so on...
Please, see picture, is this ok after update?
b4a_v12.jpg

Upvote 0

Andrija

Licensed User
Longtime User
What should I see in this screenshot? The online versions have nothing to do with the locally installed libraries.

Sorry Erel, my mistake, because I don't use that library in the my project... I should never program PLC and android at the same time... :)
Everything is clear, thank you on fast answer! ;)

b4a_v120.jpg

Upvote 0

Alain75

B4A is now 64bit so you deleted the correct library. Are you somehow using the 32bit version in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4A\Libraries? You should uninstall the 32bit version in Control Panel to avoid confusion.
Sorry for the delay and I must appology... In fact I did a misunderstanding in the libraries manager : I controled "On line" column (which doesn't target installed libraries) instead of "Version" column, so that of course, I got the updated libraries.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 0

delgadol

dex optimization works great!
I recompile my old appcompact apps and the size is more smaller than compile with beta2
thanks so much !!!
Great JOB!!

Upvote 0