Android Question B4abridge without ftp option

endbyte

Last night after updating and opening b4abridge it appeared as shown in the screenshot, how do I proceed so that the option appears again: enable ftp server?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221023-200313.jpg
    Screenshot_20221023-200313.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 59

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
FTP access to Android devices for file management is becoming more and more problematic. I used a Store app, primitiveFTP, for years but Google has recently refused it all files access, so it is not very useful anymore. Paradoxically it seems to have allowed it in a similar app called WiFi Pro FTP - so why? Every time we get more shit like this from Google I despair more. Luckily I only have a few years left to cope with this before sinking below the surface in a slough of despond.

Upvote 0

endbyte

FTP access to Android devices for file management is becoming more and more problematic. I used a Store app, primitiveFTP, for years but Google has recently refused it all files access, so it is not very useful anymore. Paradoxically it seems to have allowed it in a similar app called WiFi Pro FTP - so why? Every time we get more shit like this from Google I despair more. Luckily I only have a few years left to cope with this before sinking below the surface in a slough of despond.
thank you agraham and I understand you too, I admire your contributions and your ideological way of working, I share certain things, I perceive you as pleasant because I feel that you have critical thinking, in a good way, and in a certain way similar to the thinking of the giant Steve Wozniak a great activist in terms of freedom in information technology, greetings.

Upvote 0

endbyte

B4A-Bridge was updated with targetSdkVersion=31, as required by Google Play.
This means that it is no longer possible to directly access File.DirRootExternal on Android 10+ so this option is removed on Android 10+.
Thank you very much Erel for your answer, there is no problem, I understand perfectly and even if things are like that, nothing will stop these great tools of your ingenuity and creation, greetings.

Upvote 0