iOS Question b4i has any new requirements to compile correctly?

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I recently upgraded to b4i 3.6 and am having issues to compile previously successfully compiled projects. I was first getting timeout to compiler (Host Builder) and now getting system out of memory error. Is this an issue on my side or the host builder?

Thanks

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm unable to reproduce it. I created a new project in c:\B4i\Project\Game\ and run it. The size of rc.dat is 26kb.

Are you using a VM?
Is it possible that there is a symlink somewhere that causes this recursion?
Nope no VM on any OS just natural Win7/64 install. If works fine for you there must be some configuration setting saved in the registry that I cant see that is conflicting with normal behaviour. I will try once more with Project in the path and see if the problem comes back. If it doesnt then I have a ghost mucking about

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

The issue went away. The only thing I did different to make it work was to put the project in it's own folder off the root of the drive, after that worked I could put the project anywhere. Very odd but perhaps some configuration file was corrupted and by trying to compile closer to the root it was corrected.

I think the indicator of this problem was the error msg saying the filepath or name was too large. So if anyone has this issue this work around fixed it.

Btw v3.6 compiles much faster and is more responsive in both compiling and downloading the last build well done!

Regards

Mark

Upvote 0