B4i (iOS) - Updates thread

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Progress update: Build server (written with B4J), keys handling and over the air installation features are now mostly working.
Erel the users of b4a go need buy b4i ?
and how much on the first time can give me a ideia + or - *-* ?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
great news, every progress are great news...

will it have also his own designer like B4A? do we need a macbook to upload the app to the appstore? (i know that for programming it will work only on windows) but upload the app file will be able also with a windows pc?
The actual uploading of the app to Apple appstore requires a Mac. You can use a service such as http://www.macincloud.com/pricing/payg to do it. 30 hours should be enough for many uploads.

The designer will be similar to B4A designer.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The actual uploading of the app to Apple appstore requires a Mac. You can use a service such as http://www.macincloud.com/pricing/payg to do it. 30 hours should be enough for many uploads.

The designer will be similar to B4A designer.

thanx erel, i think i buy a macbook, cant wait until the first version comes out... :)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
2. You will not be able to install on more than 100 devices. You can only remove devices from this list at the end of the license cycle (yearly).

Hi Erel,
If I didn't renew my subscription at the end of the year, will Apple remove all installations from last year, or just prevent me from further installations?
Thanks in advance.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have purchased an app from the appstore Texas Holdem that was developed by Apple, after a while the app was not any more in the appstore i think apple didnot renew there subscription :D

but the app is still running on my Ipad, i think this wont effect apps that are allready installed only further installations

this is the app: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/11/17/apple-removes-texas-holdem-its-only-ios-game-from-app-store/
But the 100 specific devices you can install your app on is not the same as installing the app from appstore. In this case, it's not unlikely the app stops working on subscription end. But only apple knows the correct answer (maybe).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i dont think that apple or anyone else (google) can uninstall apps from your phone
and why is it important for you? do you want to keep your app running on your device for ever?
then u can jailbreak your phone and thats it, you wont have any profit if the app will still run on 100 devices

and still i think that the app will stay in your device and you will be able to run it. and if not jailbreak ...

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, and I checked the Apple website as you advised, and found useful information. here. I post the link for other members.
https://developer.apple.com/support/ios/program-renewals.php
The didn't mention if apps installed on the 100 for test and ad-hoc devices will be removed.. however, the good news is that apps
installed on regular customer devices will not be removed after expiration of dev membership.. So if a company from which I bought and downloaded
an app goes out of business, then I will be able to continue with the app, however, I will lose updates and tech support (duh!)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
More important - You will lose Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
Only during the expirations.. once you renew they will all come back and you don't need to put anything again.

RAJAN MBA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. Both Google and Apple can remotely disable apps bought from their stores. Google has disabled malicious apps remotely in the past. Although Apple has not disabled any apps remotely till date , there is a config file inside 'core location' which can help Apple disable the apps.

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is B4I going to support all versions of iOS or only the latest version of iOS ?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
will it be possible to publish apps that was made via b4i also to Mac App Store?
i know that we can make apps for Mac via b4j but can we also publish them on the Mac App Store too?

thanx erel