Other B4I live chat event

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
We will be hosting a B4I question and answer session on the B4Achat server on Sunday 11-16-2014 at 3pm GMT. Erel has agreed to attend to try to clear up some points of confusion and to talk about B4I. Please read the rest of this post carefully.

In this session, there will be a brief interview conducted by the chat moderators. During this time, the chat will be placed in moderated mode so that no unregistered users will be able to ask questions or make comments. If you are a registered member of b4achat, we ask that you do not log in using your password, or comment or ask questions during the interview portion. Only moderators (members whose names appear in green) will be allowed to ask questions or comment.

This is to keep the background noise from overwhelming the chat and to keep questions, answers, and any links posted from scrolling off the screen immediately. I will post a link to the log of the chat session after the event. We also want to do more sessions like this in the future, so this will be a way to work any bugs out of this format.

After the interview, I will put the chat server into its normal mode. You may then comment and ask questions yourself. There will be some rules enforced though :

1> Please PLEASE do not ask questions that have already been answered in the B4I updates thread in the Chit Chat forum or in one of the new B4I forums.

2> To try to keep the traffic reasonable, we ask that only one question at a time gets asked and then wait for an answer. Use common sense here. If people start asking a flood of questions, no one is going to get complete answers. If there is a specific question that has not already been asked on the forum that seems important, email it to me at [email protected]. I will go through those questions and add the best ones to our interview questions.

3> There will be a no abuse policy during this session. That means no personal attacks, no abusive language, and keeping questions on topic. Erels time is valuable, don't waste it with idle chitchat or smart comments. don't chat among yourselves. That can be done once the session ends and Erel has gone back to his normal life.

The server has been configured for 300 users plus the moderators and is first come, first served. The moderators job is to keep this session from turning into a mess. We may delete questions or comments that are repeated or not relevant, and in extreme cases we may ban a trouble maker.

the chat sever can be accessed with any modern web browser or with my b4achat app HERE. The web address is:

http://www.mlsoft.org/b4achat

Enter a username, preferably the same username that you use in the forums, but do not enter a password. Then click the Login button to enter the chat room. Pull up a chair and get comfortable, and enjoy!

--- Jem

Attachments

• b4ichatlog.zip
    7 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice idea Jem,

After the initial chat-session with Erel, instead of putting the server "in normal mode", it might be easier if you opened a separate channel where users could forward questions to moderators who thereafter published them but still in moderated mode. Of course this depends on how many people are participating but if there are many, things may become very confusing.

(I've seen what I suggested in other chat sessions on IRC)

Upvote 0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately, the chat software does not allow users to be in 2 channels at once. I could launch a second browser and do it that way on say the b4i channel, but the users would need to select that channel and ask a question and then go back to the b4a channel to get the answer. Still it could work if it gets too wild.

Thanks,

--- Jem

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, I understand.

I look forward to joining the chat-session. Many thanks for organizing this.

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you planning to put a transcript on the forum afterwards? Where I am from its in the middle of the night :(

Upvote 0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
That depends on the file size. If it is large, I will post a link to it on the server.

--- Jem

Upvote 0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tomorrow!

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working, but will definitely read the transcript. Thanks.

Upvote 0

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Event is on in minutes.

Upvote 0