iOS Question b4i unable to install "b4i-bridge" please try again later

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ~Guys
Just got may hands on a Apple 6S phone and tied to install the bridge (prevously I have been using a old iPhone 5S)
But are having problems with installing the bridge.

I have followed the steps in Erel's Certificate and provisioning profile - I was very careful and sure I got it right (but it is the first time I have setup a new phone - the previous phone 5S was setup by a colleague).

Anyway, when I try to install the bridge I get a Grey icon the phone and when I click on the icon it shows the message:

Unable to install
"b4i-bridge"
please try again later

I am running B4i 6.3 and there is a thread https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4i-bridge-doesnt-install-on-iphone-11.110182/
but, although it shows the same message, I don't think it applies to my problem (sorry if I missed something).

Sure it is something simple I am doing wrong, can anyone help?

Kind regards
Dave

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, f0raster0

f0raster0 suggested starting again
But to me, you should delete all key/certificates/mobileprovision on Apple and from your folder. (when I deleted b4i-bridge by mistake, the only way to reinstall it again was when i deleted all, and started from scratch)

At first I thought this suggestion might be an overkill, but now I think it might be the only solution for the following reasons.

1. I was very careful registering a new iPhone, keeping a complete backup of the original project directory. So after having problems, It decided to switch back to the original project directory.
When I compiled (and set for a Store provision profile) it first rejected the original because of the #minVersion was 7 (something I never had before). However, when #minVersion was increased to 8, I got a message similar to my 2nd post above. I then revoked the latest certificate generated when I install the new iPhone and the same message was produced.

2. I have found previous posts about iOS certificate/provisioning problems. were the final post was something like "I think I will have to start again"

This looks like a problem - i.e. if you try registering a new device with Apple and then issue a new certificate you could have to start again - there appears no way back.

Any comments?

Kind regards
Dave

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
my smart-thinking ahah :)
If it work don't touch and Don't think to much.

don't know if you have to buy iPhones each month or so.. but my "smart" idea:
if you spend 1 day (yes 48hrs) setting the new iPhone and all the certificates etc..
you could already have working your iPhones/Apps....until you buy a new iPhone. :)

(My expereince: I removed the b4i-bridge from my iPhone5 when an App didn't want to work in my iPhone4, then starting from scrach all worked, I don't know why..just my thinking was: "ok, just make it work, 48hrs-1day is less that 1 week)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This looks like a problem - i.e. if you try registering a new device with Apple and then issue a new certificate you could have to start again - there appears no way back.
It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to create a new certificate and provision profile.
It doesn't really matter too much where the problem started. Just deleted all keys and start from scratch.

Upvote 0

bobbruns

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am having the same problem, but the hosted builder works. I have replaced, new, certificates and provisioning profiles and even reset the phone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.