Other B4i v1.80 has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This version includes several important new features including UI Cloud and support for embedding Objective C code inside the B4i code.

New features and improvements:
  • B4i UI Cloud. Similar to B4A UI Cloud. Allows developers to easily test their layout on multiple devices (hosted by Anywhere Software). Currently there are 4 devices: iPad, iPhone 6+, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4.
  • Take screenshot feature - While debugging you can take a screenshot of the device (Debug - Take Screenshot). Note that the screenshot only includes the app UI elements. Special elements such as camera preview panel will not appear.
  • DatePicker view added.
  • Support for inline Objective C code. This is a very important feature as it makes it much easier to extend B4i: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/inline-objective-c-code.49095/
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.

The mac builder itself was not updated. However the libraries were updated. So you need to update the Mac Libs folder (no need to stop the server).

All B4i users will receive an email with the download links.

rossco_pb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Something a little odd - I have just gotten round to installing the Mac Builder 1.8 version but the B4iBuildServer.jar file appears to be the same as version 1.5 dated 23/12/2014 and when checking the running process through Safari it also shows as "Version: 1.5". Is this correct or should it be showing version 1.8?

Upvote 0

rossco_pb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Doh!, ignore last post, I just read the intro which states the Mac Builder was not updated - just the libraries...

Upvote 0