B4J Question B4J app from Windows to Linux

Wien.Mart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello All,

I have been trying to make an app with multiple forms (GUI) to work on Linux. I am using Rocky Linux (RL) since this is closest to CentOS 8 (I am a newbie to Linux and I have a lot of learning to do). I installed java 11 downloaded from B4X site as well as the B4J-bridge.jar and it seems to be working after a lot of tries. Finally, I see on the terminal that I am connected. I use a windows machine to connect to the bridge to RL. I got the message below on B4J IDE:

WARNING: package com.sun.glass.ui.win not in javafx.graphics

I did some more searching and added the line

#VirtualMachineArgs: --add-opens javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui=ALL-UNNAMED

in the Region Project Attributes and run in release mode. I got another error

Unrecognized option: --add-opens javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui=ALL-UNNAMED
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

May I ask, where am I going wrong or what do I need to add. I see in tutorials that members are able to run their creations in Mac, Raspberry Pi and Linux.

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,

Martin

Wien.Mart

Licensed User
Longtime User
@aeric
We are using RHEL in our production environment. CentOS 8 development has ended. Next best to CentOS 8 is Rocky Linux. I am a newbie to Linux and am discovering a lot of quirks and issues. I wanted to learn a linux flavor that is very near our production environment, learning a database engine in linux and learning B4J and B4A at the same time. Three birds ... one stone ... if that is possible.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Take your time. I suggest you use B4J to learn B4X. You can do a quick test using Console (Non-UI) app without firing up an emulator or connect to a real Android device.

I think Rocky Linux and AlmaLinux are quite new. Maybe you may try Fedora or OpenSUSE which also based from Red Hat.

Upvote 0

Wien.Mart

Licensed User
Longtime User
@aeric .... thank you. I shall try different distros of linux to see what works best for my use.

Thanks too Erel, tchart and xulihang.

Upvote 0

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Wien.Mart

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Reinhard

Thank you for the informative link above ... I shall proceed to download, install and test.

Thanks,

Martin

ps ... Auslander who used to be from Vienna, still work in Vienna, now live in LA too ... hi neighbor. =)

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…