B4J Question B4J installation on Linux: fresh tutorial 2021

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, All

Maybe is there a fresh tutorial 2021 like old https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4j-on-linux.37306/ ?
Installation on Linux Mint for UI B4J app (but later should be setup to work as a server auto-starting app).

Now i already have Mint Cinnamon 20.2, with PlayOnLinux app that sets up Wine.
What next to be done for:

1. using OpenJDK11, OpenJFX 11, B4J installation and finally compilation ?
  2. Alternatively: actually, B4J development is being done under Win10, and should be used on Linux Mint PC, but ... what can be a way to work so ? I think
  • Linux should be prepared for Java,
  • B4J app is compiled and made as standalone package under Win10
  • copied to Linux - what exactly ?
  • and ... next app compilations under Win10 should be passed from Win10 to Linux: only changed main .jar file ?

Last edited:

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
may be this one

i used this one and worked:

also, i use b4a, b4j and b4i on linux with 95% functional (there are some ui glitches)

using OpenJDK11, OpenJFX 11, B4J installation and finally compilation ?
Dont confuse compilaton and usage. To compile, you need the official b4x jdk. To use it, you can use technically almost any JDK.

copied to Linux - what exactly ?

in theory you can:
but i am afraid i have never tried it.

ext app compilations under Win10 should be passed from Win10 to Linux: only changed main .jar file ?
No. if you do not use the packager, you can distribute the same jar file from windows to linux, you only need the correct jdk on linux (if it is a ui app, then it has to contain the javafx modules, if not, any jdk is good enough)

Upvote 0