Bug? B4J opens with black screen. Minimum installation requirements may be wrong.

rtek1000

Licensed User
Longtime User
I managed to reproduce the problem on a virtual machine.

After installing B4J Version 8.90 on a new installation of Windows 7 32 bit, B4J did not open and a message appeared saying that it needs Dot Net Framework version 4.0.30319

After installing the requested version of Dot Net V4.0.30319, B4J showed only a black screen.

Then I found a package that I had previously downloaded, version 4.5 of Dot Net (version 4.5.2). And the B4J opened normally.

I searched the Dot Net version list, and found this list from Microsoft. Apparently after version 4.0 version 4.5 was released.

I believe that perhaps the first version of B4J really worked with Dot Net 4.0.30319, but after some time it may no longer be compatible with this version.

But the B4J program still displays the message asking for version 4.0.30319. So I believe it can be a BUG.

I don't know what is the lowest version of Dot Net that B4J V8.90 is opening normally, but I believe that you can research it better.

I also took advantage and tested the B4J with a classic Windows 7 theme, which can be selected so that resources are saved, especially if you are using a Netbook, or virtual machine. B4J opened normally with this simpler theme.

Thank you.

BUG1.png

BUG3.png

BUG2.png

BUG4.png

BUG8.png

BUG5.png

BUG7.png

BUG6.png

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now THIS is a correct way to expose your issue! With very detailed info.

JGParamo

Licensed User
I've tried installing B4J v8.9 previously on a much older Windows XP in a VM using VirtualBox, just to experiment if we can perform dev works through B4X using old pc's. B4J installed but produces the same error at startup and unable to proceed. Unfortunately, only up to .Net 4.0 can be installed on a 32bit Win XP so no chance of installing .Net 4.5 and running B4J is not possible for that setup.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the blank screen you see is the new way of the IDE, you'll have to create new project by going to File->New before any code can be seen
This is not the case here: he doesn't even get the menu. And it does work if he installs a bigger version of .NET.