B4J Question B4J Setup error

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been using B4J for years on many different platforms and never had a single problem setting up and running the IDE.
HOWEVER, I just brought out of retirement a win7 machine (2Ghz 64bit, 8Gb ram, 128Gb disk) and started using it as a SQL server and MQTT server.
So I decided to add B4J so that I could add some local programs.
Install went as expected, Java (jdk and rle) first, download and install ... no errors reported.
BUT when I run the application I get an odd error (see screen shot),
The type initializer for 'q' threw an exception

I wondered if this was an issue related to newer versions of B4J so I tried an earlier version and got a similar error but the 'q' reported 'c2', and a different version again reported 'c1'.

Equally when I try and start a new file there is another exception
'The invocation of the constructor on type 'ActiproSoftgware.Windows.Constrols.SyntaxEditor.SysntaxEditor' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.'

Can anyone help shed light on this?
did I miss something in the setup?

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yep .NET 4.7.1
As I say everything else seems OK and I have been doing the same process for quite some time so this was a bit of a shock !! :O

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to confirm @DonManfred thoughts... Googling your error seems to point towards Installing a Lower version of .Net.

Upvote 0

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all for you expert and speedy help !!!
yes reverted to 4.5.2 and all works well....
Is this going to be a problem in my other machines as we all know MS cant help but update everything, anytime, all the time or is it remote enough from the main updates to not get changed??
Anyway great job B4J community as always

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…