B4J Question B4J Setup error

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been using B4J for years on many different platforms and never had a single problem setting up and running the IDE.
HOWEVER, I just brought out of retirement a win7 machine (2Ghz 64bit, 8Gb ram, 128Gb disk) and started using it as a SQL server and MQTT server.
So I decided to add B4J so that I could add some local programs.
Install went as expected, Java (jdk and rle) first, download and install ... no errors reported.
BUT when I run the application I get an odd error (see screen shot),
The type initializer for 'q' threw an exception
b4jerror.png

I wondered if this was an issue related to newer versions of B4J so I tried an earlier version and got a similar error but the 'q' reported 'c2', and a different version again reported 'c1'.

Equally when I try and start a new file there is another exception
'The invocation of the constructor on type 'ActiproSoftgware.Windows.Constrols.SyntaxEditor.SysntaxEditor' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.'

Can anyone help shed light on this?
did I miss something in the setup?

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yep .NET 4.7.1
As I say everything else seems OK and I have been doing the same process for quite some time so this was a bit of a shock !! :O

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to confirm @DonManfred thoughts... Googling your error seems to point towards Installing a Lower version of .Net.

Upvote 0

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all for you expert and speedy help !!!
yes reverted to 4.5.2 and all works well....
Is this going to be a problem in my other machines as we all know MS cant help but update everything, anytime, all the time :( or is it remote enough from the main updates to not get changed??
Anyway great job B4J community as always :D

Upvote 0