Other B4J v9.5 BETA is available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the first 64 bit version of B4X IDE.
It will not run on 32 bit OS.
The new version will be installed in "program files" and not in "program files (x86)".
Download link: https://www.b4x.com/b4j/files/beta.exe

1650266560645.png

Switching to 64 bit architecture allows the IDE to better handle large projects.

Other than that this update adds text alignment support for TextField and a few bug fixes.

cklester

Licensed User
It seems like it will be possible to have both versions (32-bit and 64-bit) installed at the same time. Is that the case? Would they also be able to run at the same time?

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems like it will be possible to have both versions (32-bit and 64-bit) installed at the same time. Is that the case?
The new version will be installed in "program files" and not in "program files (x86)".
yes, because the installation is in 2 different places.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning,
I tried to recompile some App with B4J-32 and in an ami it reports an error: JgoogleMap is missing. I use java 8 (jdk1.8.0_202)

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could run two separate debug instances. This would be useful to people developing servers and clients.
You don't need to install B4J multiple times. You can start B4J multiple times while it is installed once.
This is what @cklester means:
1650461331396.png

Two instances of B4J running in debug mode do not work (he used two B4J projects, a server and a client, as example)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't remember if this was happening in 9.3, but when running an B4XPages App in Debug mode (not release), after ExitApplication the IDE returns to Main, rather than to where I was. Then I have to switch back. Sometimes I start typing without looking, and cause more work.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.