B4J Question B4J Webview is slower than Google Chrome or any other browser.

badal405

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Thanks in advance.
I have made a device responsive web application. I want to release a desktop version by using b4j. But the problem i am facing is that, it is much slower than other browser.
I am sure there might be a solution. Because I faced same problem with b4a and Erel has solved that problem and it is running fine with mobile.
Anyone please help me to get rid from this problem.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Thanks in advance.
I have made a device responsive web application. I want to release a desktop version by using b4j. But the problem i am facing is that, it is much slower than other browser.
I am sure there might be a solution. Because I faced same problem with b4a and Erel has solved that problem and it is running fine with mobile.
Anyone please help me to get rid from this problem.

Exactly how much slower are you talking about???

After reading your post above, I spent about 10 or so minutes creating an example browser application using B4J, a text box and a webview.
After testing my app on a few well know sites, I must say that the speed does not seem that much slower than my usual chrome browser to me. When I say well known sites I mean obviously Google search results, ebay.co.uk, amazon.co.uk, ebuyer.co.uk, box.co.uk, youtube.com and a couple of others. Maybe it's because my internet speed is extremely fast and my laptop is no slouch either, but I really didn't see much of a speed decrease when browsing the internet on my laptop using webview.

I believe that webview will be slightly slower, but not snail pace slower as you seem to be getting.

What sites are you view???

Upvote 0

badal405

Licensed User
Longtime User
Exactly how much slower are you talking about???

After reading your post above, I spent about 10 or so minutes creating an example browser application using B4J, a text box and a webview.
After testing my app on a few well know sites, I must say that the speed does not seem that much slower than my usual chrome browser to me. When I say well known sites I mean obviously Google search results, ebay.co.uk, amazon.co.uk, ebuyer.co.uk, box.co.uk, youtube.com and a couple of others. Maybe it's because my internet speed is extremely fast and my laptop is no slouch either, but I really didn't see much of a speed decrease when browsing the internet on my laptop using webview.

I believe that webview will be slightly slower, but not snail pace slower as you seem to be getting.

What sites are you view???

specially on page loading. It is taking much time than any other browser. Sometimes hang and after a while suddenly the page appear. The same url when i browse from google chrome didn't face any problem.
Regards.

Upvote 0