Wish B4JBuilder.exe build for net core (.net)

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!
I am creating several webapps which i want to automate the deployment process, currently i use docker and docker-compose unfortunately i cant automate the building process of the B4J tools because i have to create the dockerfile on my dev machine, send it to dockerhub and download it in the VPS. (i could do this automated to but it is way slower).

With other tools i usually send a script to the vps that pulls the latest git version, the docker file is recreated (the application is compiled inside docker) and the docker compose is managed fully automatically.

this could be possible if B4jBuilder.exe was either build to work with Mono or with .NET (net core)

the compiled jar then would be copied to an openJDK docker to be ran on the VPS.

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel! I know about the mono builder, i was there when you with great happiness announced it.

My suggestion this time is a bit different, there should be a minimum hassle changing from net framework to .net (net core) for console applications like b4jbuilder.exe.

The premise is that you wont need to maintain two different projects and still be able to compile on linux and mac.