B4J Question B4JPackager Install Issue

Nokia

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does anybody else have the issue of installs going to the same directory?

So I have two different projects with two different names when I build the bundles and then test install them, whatever I install first the second one will install to same directory.

I have modified B4JPackager to have some windows options and to create bundle packages so I don’t have to keep entering the data over again

Attachments

• B4JPackager.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 156

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have modified B4JPackager to have some windows options and to create bundle packages so I don’t have to keep entering the data over again
Big mistake. You should instead create a json file for each of your apps. This is really simple to do.

Check the GUID in the inno script. It must be different for each app. The same is true for the app name.

Upvote 0

Nokia

Licensed User
Longtime User
Big mistake. You should instead create a json file for each of your apps. This is really simple to do.

Check the GUID in the inno script. It must be different for each app. The same is true for the app name.

where is the inno script file stored?

Upvote 0

Nokia

Licensed User
Longtime User

I found it.. I compaird both scripts and the only problem I see is the app ID..

AppId={{b4j.example.main}} the same on both scripts, is this where the GUID suppose to go?
AppName: is different
DefaultDirName: Are different
AppVersion=different
AppVerName=different
AppPublisher=same
AppComments=different
AppCopyright=same

Upvote 0

Nokia

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok.. fixed it.. I generated a guid and applied it to the "-Bidentifier=" field and now shows up in Appid correctly...

Attachments

• B4JPackager.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0