B4J Question B4JPackager only executing on OS created on

Nokia

Licensed User
Longtime User
has any body had this issue, when I create a package/install file, it will only execute and launch jar file on the os it was created on. windows 7 pro to windows 7 pro or windows 10 pro to windows 10 pro, I tried to execute yesterday on windows 10 home and it would not. nor if I created on windows 10 pro will not run on windows 7 pro.

has anybody had this issue?

I did add some windows options and the option to create a package and save it as a script. you can load the scripts so you don't have to type in every time you compile.

Attachments

• B4JPackager.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 199

Nokia

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are using a 64 bit Java then it will only work on 64 bit computers. If you are using 32 bit Java then it will work on all computers.

Can you post the error message?

I should have probably explained that the jar file it self does not have any issue running on any computer (windows, linux or mac). its the executable for windows that has the problem described above..

the error I get is:
This app can't run on your pc
to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

Attachments

• 20180123_081511.jpg
    20180123_081511.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0

Nokia

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this a 32 bit computer?

the computer that has the error message is.. and my laptop that I used is 64... was not thinking in terms of 32 or 64 bit was thinking of windows version.. Ill have to try to create it on a 32 bit and see if it will run..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nokia

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've created it on Windows 7 64 bit. The Windows version shouldn't matter.

I tried it again this morning and it let me install app and run it.. I did no changes to computer but shut it down and start it today.. Hmmm...

Upvote 0