B4J Question B4JPackager

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have used the B4JPackager to generate a Windows exe file.
Unfortunately, when I try to update it or to unsinstall it in the Application Manager, I get a message that I need an authorization from the Administrator, eventhough I am the Administartor.

upload_2017-11-6_12-53-24.png

When I uninstall it, most of the fles are removed, but these two remain and cannot be deleted:

upload_2017-11-6_12-48-54.png

My system is Windows 10 64bytes.

Did anybody encounter the same or similar problem?
If yes, could you solve it, if yes, how.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
remember how the different Inno version (32Bit/64bit) gave me trouble with my B4X-Launcher v2,
That was a bug in B4J core library where the CSS attributes were not escaped properly and images from: \Program Files (x86) were not loaded.

This case is different as it has nothing to do with the B4J program itself.

Klaus, can you try this installer: www.b4x.com/b4j/files/GoogleMapsExample.exe ?

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But I cannot find a GoogleMapsExample.exe fi
On my system, it installed into C:\Program Files\Google Maps Example. In your system I guess it may be C:\Programmes\Google Maps Example.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, I was looking for GoogleMapsExample, but the name is Google Maps Example.
You are right, it is in C:\Programmes\Google Maps Example.

There is a big improvement!
Uninstalling works, the program and all files but one are removed.
I can install it again without problems.
But, after uninstalling, the folder remains and the unins00x.exe files remain.
I cannot remove these files, I get the same dialog no authorisation.

upload_2017-11-8_17-0-53.png

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I cannot remove these files, I get the same dialog no authorisation
Are you by chance logged in with an administrative account?

Trying some B4JPackager installations yesterday, I noticed that I had issues uninstalling when I installed/uninstalled while logged into the administrative account (Win10 Pro/Fall Creator's Update). When I was logged in as a regular user and performed the installation (elevating to admin for the install), the uninstall just worked (when performed from the regular user account, elevating to admin just for the uninstall).

Not that this makes any sense, nor may this apply to you.

Upvote 0

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried installing the file Erel supplied.
Although it installed, ran and uninstalled, windows did something to the install as the progress bar was red and a message about 'ipersist file' was blocked from changing the desktop.
It still uninstalled ok using settings>apps and features> uninstall. Cannot find any trace of it on computer.

Upvote 0