Android Question [B4X] CustomListView HorizontalScrollBar?

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to set ScrollViewContentWidth wider than the CLV and then have a horizontal scrollbar? I know I could probably do a SB for each item but I am talking about the whole list.
If not move this post to the wish lists 🤪.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To get a horizontal ScrollView you need to set the List Orientation property to Horizontal.
And then you can set ScrollViewContentWidth wider than the CLV.

1691050859003.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
To get a horizontal ScrollView you need to set the List Orientation property to Horizontal.
And the you can set ScrollViewContentWidth wider than the CLV.
I wasn't clear enough. I don't want a horiz. Scroll view. I want a vertical scroll view but with data wider than the clv. The user can then scroll left and right to see the balance of the data. I could probably achieve the effect I want in B4J with the clv on a scrollpane but I don't think it has an equivalent in B4a/i.

I will tell you what I am after is something akin to an MS Access datasheet view. If the data in the datasheet is wider than the form it is on a HSB appears and you can scroll left and right to see the data.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't want a horiz. Scroll view. I want a vertical scroll view but with data wider than the clv. The user can then scroll left and right to see the balance of the dat
One option would be to have a horizontal CLVNested inside a vertical xClv
If you need help with it, come back.

Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
One option would be to have a horizontal CLVNested inside a vertical xClv
If you need help with it, come back.
This ALMOST solves it. Really nice job. Just needs the vertical scrollbar on the left.

Upvote 0