B4X Forums search engine for IE/Chrome/FF

Cyan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

I created an OpenSearch plug-in for IE/Firefox/Chrome that enables you to search the all of the B4X forums directly, rather than you having to enter the forums first to search (okay, call me lazy!)

This means that you can search from your browser's address bar using a keyword that you set (in the example below I set it to b4x)

search in ff.png

How do I get this?

1. Navigate to https://mycroftproject.com/search-engines.html?name=b4x.com and click on the entry and allow your browser to add it to its search engines collection.

2. In your browser's search engines settings, set your own desired keyword, for example:

search engines.png

Notes:

This plug-in searches all of the sub-forums, so you will obtain results from B4A, B4J etc.
However, if there's enough interest, I'll create specific plug-ins for each forum - let me know.

Hope someone finds this useful!

Cyan

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not really needed. The OpenSearch declaration is already available on the site:
I use it all the time.

firefox_QQ4aIh6C1R.png
Good point! Not sure why I never saw that prompt in FF.

This actually is better than what I've done, would it be okay to delete this entire thread as my post is utterly redundant? (or replace my post with yours Erel?)

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not really needed. The OpenSearch declaration is already available on the site:
I use it all the time.
I also want this, but failed to get it.

2020-03-09_215004.png

Please guide me.

Regards,

Anand

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My Firefox doesn't show 73.0.1(64 bits), but if you enter in the forum, you can add with the ... to the right

1583841188255.png

Attachments

• 1583841057903.png
    1583841057903.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 196

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have been using this inbuilt feature for quite some time . (Opera browser).