B4X UI Question - Menus to the left

Scott Bartgis

Licensed User
Longtime User
As cool as Beyonce's lyrics of "to the left, to the left: everything you own in a box to the left" are, I don't want all of my menus to the left. I have 2 workstations, both with Windows 11 and nVidia graphics. No touchscreens, pens, or tablets. On one, the menu flyouts go to the right as you expect. On the other, they fly out to the left. If I push the window to the far left side, it will come to the right a bit, but clearly wants to fly left. Only the B4A and B4J menus do this. Notepad++, one of the few programs that has menus and not a silly ribbon, does not have the issue. This "lefty" computer is a fresh Windows 11 install from scratch that only has B4X, B4J and Fortnite on it.

Has anyone seen this and have any idea what Windows setting might put it back?

Screenshot 2023-12-03 072128.png

Scott Bartgis

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's about the only thing that comes up on this topic, but the computer has no pen and even forcing the Explorer Shell to load the tablet menu, you aren't offered the handedness. Also, it is only in B4X UIs. Notepad++ and other legacy programs with menus don't do it. And even then, it is just this computer - so far. I have a new Windows 11 laptop coming out of its box in 2 hours. I'll throw B4A and B4J on that and see how it looks.

How to set menus to open one direction

Windows Tablet Setting:
%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E}

The "Other" tab is not present on my computer, because there is no pen I suppose.
1701607938804.png

Scott Bartgis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I couldn't wait, so I installed B4A on the new laptop and it B4A menus all fly left! Notepad++ doesn't. Going to try installing OpenShell (classic Start menu) since that is on my office Windows 11 workstation.