Android Question [B4X] [XUI] - MiniSearchView Form not in DesignerCreateView Props

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It appears that the Form property is not in the Props Map passed to the DesignerCreateView sub for this custom view. It would be very useful to standardise a Mod I have made so I can share it.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's just occurred to me that it is probably because is an XUI class, it would still be useful to pass the Form or activity or whatever is relevant in the props map.

My mod decouples the CLV from the layout so that it can be positioned where the user wants it, so I need to be able to add it directly to the Rootpane of the form, or Activity.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
(MyMap) {ItemsHighlightedTextColor=0xff0000ff, customType=b4j.example.minisearchview, csType=Dbasic.Designer.MetaCustomView+CustomDataGrid, ItemsBackgroundColor=0xffffffff, ItemsTextColor=0x0000ffff, shortType=MiniSearchView, type=}

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that I misunderstood. You want the Form property in B4A?

This is what I get in B4A:

(MyMap) {defaultcolor=-984833, activity=anywheresoftware.b4a.BALayout{6f173c6 V.E...... ......ID 0,0-1080,1584 #1}, ba=anywheresoftware.b4a.BA@738cf87, eventName=currencies, ItemsHighlightedTextColor=-13862400, customType=b4a.example3.minisearchview, csType=Dbasic.Designer.MetaCustomView+CustomDataGrid, ItemsBackgroundColor=-1, ItemsTextColor=-16777216, shortType=MiniSearchView, type=}

B4J:

(MyMap) {ItemsHighlightedTextColor=0x2c7a00ff, customType=b4j.example.minisearchview, BooleanExample=true, csType=Dbasic.Designer.MetaCustomView+CustomDataGrid, ItemsBackgroundColor=0xffffffff, ItemsTextColor=0x000000ff, shortType=MiniSearchView, TextColor=0xffffffff, type=, Form=anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.Form@5f2aca39}

If you don't see Form then you are probably loading the layout to a pane that wasn't added to any form.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I was looking for the form property in B4j, but you are right:

If you don't see Form then you are probably loading the layout to a pane that wasn't added to any form.

it is on a pane going into a tableview. Sorry to waste your time, I just got there as well.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now I have it, I had to load the pane into the tableview Sleep(0), then load the layout that includes the minisearchview.

Upvote 0